This recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, which have chicken that is exceptionally juicy and vegetables that are crisp-tender, is one of the quickest meals you can prepare and is also one of the most delicious.
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE
Mexico’s cuisine is my absolute favorite. There is nothing more comforting than a steaming bowl of Mexican-style meatball soup or a bowl of fluffy, light cilantro rice. I’ll be adding something new to the list today. This recipe for chicken fajitas is another favorite, and the fact that everything is prepared on a single sheet pan makes the cleanup process much easier.
Don’t you think dinners prepared on a sheet pan are the best? Making meals on a single sheet pan is a great way to get started in the kitchen if you’re a novice chef, in addition to being convenient for busy people.
Take a look at these Sheet Pan Recipe:
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN FAJITAS:
First, in a small mixing bowl, combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, salt, tajin (optional), and oil. This creates a delicious wet rub. Set aside.
What is Tajin? Tajin Seasoning is a special combination of chili peppers, lime, and salt. it has a balance of salty, citrus, and mildly spicy flavors.
Then, chop the chicken and vegetables into manageable-sized pieces. I prefer mine to be a little bit larger than usual. Add salt and pepper to the veggies and set aside.
Place the chicken pieces on a sheet pan and season with the wet rub.
Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet and put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 450 ° f.
While the chicken is cooking let’s prepare the dressing and some toppings.
I made this Creamy Greek Yogurt and Dill Dressing that tastes amazing. I also chopped some white and purple cabbage, and got myself some Homemade pico de gallo and some tortillas. If you’re not a fan of tortillas, the chicken fajitas can be served in a lettuce wrap, or in a bowl with Fluffy white rice or Cilantro rice instead.
Then, take the sheet out of the oven, ( Look how juicy); spread the vegetables out on the baking sheet with the chicken, and return them to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes.
This is how I make sure my vegetables stay crunchy, which is how I prefer to eat them. If, however, you avoid mining soft vegetables, you can place them simultaneously. 20–25 minutes later, you’ll have a tasty dinner.
This is an excellent recipe for meal prep, just make a double batch of these homemade chicken fajitas and enjoy!
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS RECIPE
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 small Jalapeño pepper seedless and sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon tajin optional
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt I like to use kosher salt
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- First, in a small mixing bowl, combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, salt, tajin (optional), and oil. This creates a delicious wet rub. Set aside.
- Then, cut the chicken and vegetables into small pieces that are easy to eat. I like mine a little bit bigger than average. Add salt and pepper to the veggies and set aside.
- Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet and season with the wet rub.
- Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet and put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 450°F.
While the chicken is in the oven, let’s prepare the dressing and some toppings.
- Then, chop the chicken and vegetables into manageable-sized pieces. I prefer mine to be a little bit larger than usual. Add salt and pepper to the veggies and set aside.
- Take the sheet pan out of the oven and spread the vegetables out with the chicken, and return to the oven to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. After, you’ll have a tasty dinner.
Tell me what you think of this recipe, and if you have any questions, don’t forget to get in touch with me. I’m always happy to hear from YOU.
Until the next one…