For those of you looking for a perfect cold winter soup to warm you from the inside out, This Spanish Style Beef Soup is your recipe! It is always good to have a bowl of soup around this time of year to give you some warm comfort as the cold comes in. It’s even more satisfying knowing that this soup is a healthy, hearty choice.
Beef Soup “Sopa de Carne de Res”
We’ve been having lots of snow here in Connecticut, and I even have to take out my coat Brrrrrrrr. When I go crazy, it’s that time of year making comfort foods such as soups to warm up like my Creamy Tomato Soup. I made this beef soup for dinner, and I just thought, let me share this soup recipe with all of you.
I’m so happy to share with you one of my favorite soups, Spanish Beef Soup “Sopa de Carne de Res.” I have been publishing recipes here on the blog for almost 4 months, and every time I share one of my recipes with you, my readers, I get excited. It’s my goal to bring you my very best. I am confident this Soup will prove just that. Also, check out my Beef Stew Caribbean Style
It’s the most flavorful, hearty soup I have ever tasted.
I remember visiting my grandmother and being so happy every time she made it. I use to eat this soup at my grandmother’s house, but my mom used to make it. Now I’m hoping to recreate the same emotions and memories with my own family. I get a request from my older kids, who are not living at home anymore, to make this Beef Soup when they come and visit.
I use my pressure cooker, and in less than 30 minutes, the meat is tender and ready for me to make this beef soup. This is a great kitchen tool. I got this three years ago as a christmas present, and I love it.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this beef soup:
- Beef chuck stew meat (boneless)
- Beef short ribs
- Butternut squash
- Vegetable bouillon
- Black pepper
*or you can use my Sofrito and skip the garlic, and black pepper the way I did in my youtube video.
How to make Spanish Style Beef Soup:
Season the meat with 4-5 minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. For an authentic Spanish flavor, I recommend using 2 tablespoons of my Sofrito. I tenderize it using a pressure cooker, add ⅓ cup water, set to meat/stew, and high pressure—Cook for 20 minutes. After the meat is tenderized, release the pressure and transfer the meat to a large pot.
In a large soup pot, add all the vegetables, meat, and water ( about 2 cups), 1 vegetable bouillon, and some cilantro—cover and cook on the stove for about 20 minutes at medium-high temperature.
Let it cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Using a fork, mashed a few pieces of butternut squash and potatoes to make the broth creamier and ticker. It also provides that beautiful yellow color to the soup.
This beef soup is just a whole meal in itself, but in my house, a cup of fluffy white rice is part of the combo, and let’s not forget a piece of avocado Yummy :). I’m getting hungry just writing this. You can also add lime or some hot sauce for a kick.
Please see below for a printable recipe card, and do not forget to leave your comments and suggestions; I will be happy to hear from you. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and use the hashtag #asimpletweakrecipes so I can see your creations on Instagram 🙂
HOW TO MAKE SPANISH BEEF SOUP “SOPA DE CARNE DE RES”
- 2 pound beef chuck (Stew meat)
- 1 ½ pound beef short rib
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cube bouillon Vegetable
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup noodles
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 2 to 3 sprig cilantro
- 3 1/3 cups water (⅓ is for the pressure cooker)
- Season the meat with 4-5 minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. or for an authentic Spanish flavor, I recommend using 2 tablespoons of my Sofrito.
- I tenderize it using a pressure cooker, add ⅓ cup water, set to meat/stew, and high pressure, cook for 20 minutes. After the meat is tenderized, release the pressure and transfer the meat to a large pot.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Then, using a fork, mashed a few pieces of butternut squash and potatoes to make the broth creamier and ticker. It also provides that beautiful yellow color to the soup
- Cover the pot and let it cook for about 10 extra minutes or until your desired consistency.
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.