If you are looking for an easy quick dinner idea give these pork chops a try! These Pork Chops are simmered in tomato sauce with some fresh bell peppers and onion. The chops are infused with lots of Caribbean flavors. These Pork Chops are a great one-pan family dinner choice, perfect for busy times. They are tender, flavorful and incredibly easy to make!
Simmered Pork Chops In Spicy Tomato Sauce
Today I made pork chops simmered in a spicy tomato sauce. I have been making this recipe for my loved ones for years. I make these pork chops at least once a week. This recipe has become a favorite for all of those who have tasted them. You can pair this juicy chops with some Rice and Beans (moro), which by the way with the delicious sauce in this pork chops is heavenly tasty. I added some jalapenos to the sauce this is optional if spicy foods are not your thing. To season the pork chops I’m using this Sofrito Recipe. This sofrito is made with a combination of fresh herbs and spices that infuse any meal with lots of Authentic Caribbean flavor. If you are in a rush and can’t make the sofrito just combine 2 garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper to season the chops. I highly recommend using the sofrito which is one seasoning you can keep using for weeks.
Ingredients you’ll need
- 4 to 6 pork chops cut in small pieces ( 1 and ½ pounds)
- My Sofrito
- Tomato sauce
- Water (as needed)
- Oil ( I like to use canola oil)
- Fresh peppers
- Jalapeno peppers for some spicy kick!
How to make these Pork chops
First, cut the pork chops in small pieces and trimmed the fat (optional). Proceed to season the pork with my Sofrito for those amazing Caribbean flavors. Trust me you are going to love this sofrito.
In a nonstick pan, over medium-high heat, add one teaspoon of oil and place the pork chops. Cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes or until a golden color is obtained.
Below you will find a convenient printable recipe card. Please, feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. I would be delighted to hear from you all.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED
Until the next one…
Simmered Pork Chops In a Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 4 to 6 pork chops (1 and ½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoon of my Sofrito (or you can use garlic, salt, and peppers to seasoned)
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use kosher salt)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water ( or more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon oil (I like to use canola oil)
- Add some fresh peppers, onions, and cilantro ( I add some jalapeno peppers for some spicy kick!
- Cut the pork chops in small pieces and trimmed the fat . Proceed to season the pork with some of my Sofrito for those amazing caribbean flavors.
- In a nonstick pan, over medium-high heat, add one teaspoon of oil. Place the pork chops and cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes or until a golden color is obtained.
- Next, add the salt, tomato sauce, onions, peppers, cilantro, and some water. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for an extra 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.