Hi Everyone 🙂 Today, I want to share one of my favorite cupcakes recipes, Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes. These cupcakes are bursting fresh blueberries and a hint of lemon zest. Topped with an easy Lemon vanilla frosting making them the perfect spring & summer dessert. They are quick and easy to make, that you will find any excuse to bake them. They are perfect for birthday parties, picnics, and barbecues. Surprise your family and friends with this delicious treat!
Blueberry Cupcakes with a Delicious Lemon Vanilla Frosting
Every bite of these cupcakes is loaded with flavor. The combination of the blueberries and the lemon zest are exquisite. I assure you that you make this recipe once, and you will make it again and again. They are also a great sweet treat to surprise mom on Mother’s Day. Make this recipe and let me know in the comment section down below what you think! I will not go into much detail about these cupcakes in this post. I believe these are enough happy story, and after you bake them, you might end been my best friend:)
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
I have shared a few dessert recipes in this blog, and I am proud of my collection of recipes, like my Unbelievably Easy Spanish Flan and The Most Smooth And Flavorful Strawberry Cheesecake. Two of the most popular recipes here; thank you for the support! I only share those baking goods that I love and make my family happy, and these Blueberry Cupcakes are one of those. These are my go-to when spending time with my grandkids; they really enjoy them.
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes! Surprise your family and friends with this delicious treat!
To make the simple frosting for these cupcakes, I combine about 1/2 heavy cream and 2 to 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. I added lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Below you will find a convenient printable recipe card. Please, feel free to leave any comments and suggestions. I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Lemon Blueberry cupcakes
How to make Blueberry Cupcakes:
- 1 ⅔ cup all-purpose flour (210 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 grams) melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- ½ cup brown light sugar (100 grams) packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream (62 grams) you can substitute for greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk (180ml)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Then, Prepare the muffin pan by placing cupcake liners.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, proceed to melt the unsalted butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the two sugars and whisk. The mixture will be thick. Then, add the egg, yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon zest of one lemon into the mix. Whisk all the ingredients until well combined.
- Lastly, combine the wet mixture into the dry and whisk until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Using a spatula, gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Now its time to assemble the cupcakes:
- This recipe makes about 10 to 14 cupcakes so that you might need two muffin pan. Using a small mixing cup (for easy pouring), divide and fill up each cupcake cup with an equal batter amount. Place the pan in the center middle oven rack and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before adding the frosting.
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Let me know what you think about this recipe, and don’t forget to contact me if you have any questions. It’s always a pleasure to hear from YOU! Don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram savinon_asimpletweak
Until the next one…
Do you have leftovers blueberries?
Make this delicious Blueberry Strawberry Smoothie is so refreshing!