With all the heat waves we’ve been having this summer, I always like to go for something fresh like this cool and creamy vegetarian pasta salad recipe. This Crowd-pleaser Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for summer cookouts, potlucks, pool parties, BBQ”s parties and even as a light meal on its own. You will get a burst of flavor with every bite!
With two vegetarians in the family, I can honestly say, this is a veggie lover’s dream come true. The pasta is
tossed with red, yellow, green peppers, onions, celery, jalapenos, Kamala olives and one of my favorite ingredients for this recipe some pepperoncini. The combination of all these fresh ingredients makes this an absolutely delicious salad.
How to make Pasta Salad:
For this recipe, I chose two types of pasta. Farfalle which is shaped as a beautiful bow tie and the tri-color rotini which has a fun spiral-shaped and as the name implies it has three different colors that add a nice colorful touch to the recipe. The pasta is tossed with a combination of crunchy, fresh vegetables that makes this pasta salad taste incredible.
The first step is to cook the pasta. You’ll start by bringing a large pot of water to boil. I like to add salt to the water to give some flavor to the pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, wash and cut all the vegetables to your desired size.
Step 2: Drain the water and rinse the pasta under cold water and set aside. ( This will make the pasta cool for the next step) .I usually put the colander over a bowl to release any extra water from the boiled pasta.
Step 3: Now, combine the pasta with the veggies. Just make sure the pasta is room temperature. Sometimes I even place the pasta in the fridge for a few minutes before adding the dressing ingredients. Proceed to add mayo, salt, and apple cider vinegar and combine. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours or better overnight.
How long does pasta salad last in the refrigerator?
Pasta salad can be in the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend covering it so it does not lose its flavor.
Below you will find an easily printable recipe card. Please, feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. I would be delighted to hear from you all.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED
Until the next one…
Creamy Vegetarian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound pasta uncooked (I use a combination of Farfalle and tri-color rotini)
- ½ cup kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (I use1 small onion, sliced)
- 1/2 cup celery (about 1 to 2 celery sticks, sliced)
- 1 cup cucumber mini (about 2 cucumbers, sliced)
- ½ pepperoncini (sliced)
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ⅓ jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ apple cider vinegar
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. You’ll start by bringing a large pot of water to boil. I like to add salt to the water to give some flavor to the pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, cut all the vegetables.
- Drain the water and rinse the pasta under cold water and set aside. ( This not only will stop the cooking process on the pasta but it will make the pasta cool for the next step. I usually put the colander over a bowl to release any extra water from the boiled pasta.
- Now, combine the pasta with the veggies. Just make sure the pasta is room temperature. Add mayo, salt and apple cider vinegar and combine. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours or better overnight.
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate
Other Vegetarian Recipes you might enjoy:
A delicious easy to make