There’s nothing better than a bowl of hot soup on a cold rainy day. This Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup will hit the spot.
A bowl of steaming soup can always help to warm your spirit. I enjoy curling up with my cozy blanket in front of the TV to watch one or two of my favorite programs (Friends and Gilmore Girls). What could possibly be more soothing than a cup of my homemade Creamy Tomato Soup?
There’s nothing like freshly made Tomato Soup.
Seeing my son smile when I make his favorite soup is my favorite part of creating this meal. The tastiest soup in the world, Mami, he even exclaimed. I was really ecstatic:). He is such a fussy eater in my eyes. Therefore the fact that he ate my soups means a lot to me.
He loves dipping the grilled cheese sandwich inside the Tomato Soup 🙂
How to make this Tomato Soup:
In a nonstick pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 large onion and 4 garlic cloves (diced). Cook and stir them until they look translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes and 1 can (35oz) plum tomatoes (peeled ). Make sure to add the liquid of the can of tomatoes as well.
Using a conventional blender or an immersion blender, as I did, you may puree this soup. It’s crucial to avoid entirely covering the normal blender when blending the soup; simply remove the plug (middle part). With your hands, place a kitchen towel on top. By allowing the heat to escape, the towel will shield you from burning and mess-making. To puree, it’s also crucial to divide the mixture into batches. To securely blend the entire pot of soup, the standard blender is not large enough (I did three batches).Trust me, it’s worth the work! However, I will definitely get myself an immersion blender:) Always handle with care when transferring the soup.
After 20 minutes, you’ll enjoy one of the most flavorful Tomato Soups Ever!
I like to make a couple of batches to have leftovers, as this soup consistency gets thicker, creamier, and better the next day. For a non-dairy version, substitute the heavy cream for coconut milk, just take note this might change the flavors of the soup. You can also substitute with soy milk or almond milk, but the consistency of the soup might not be as thick, but still good!
This Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup is an excellent choice for lunch, dinner, or why not brunch!
Please see below for a printable recipe card and do not forget to leave your comments and suggestions, I will be happy to hear from you.
Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (35oz) plum tomatoes (peeled )
- 1 cup vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon oregano dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a nonstick pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 large onion and 4 garlic cloves (diced). Cook and stir them until they look translucent about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes and 1 can (35oz) plum tomatoes (peeled ). Make sure to add the liquid of the can of tomatoes as well.
- Then, add 1 cup of vegetable stock, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano and keep cooking. Next, transfer the mixture into a blender and puree until the desired consistency is obtained.
- Then, return the mixture back into the pot. Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream, some basil, salt , and black pepper (to taste).
- Let it simmer over medium-low heat for about 20- 30 minutes or until it thickens
- Serve with a nice crispy grilled cheese sandwich and Enjoy!
- It’s also important to divide into batches to puree. The regular blender size is not big enough to safely blend all the soup in one shot (I did three batches). Trust me it’s worth the work!
- For a non-dairy version, substitute the heavy cream for coconut milk, just take note this might change the flavors of the soup. You can also substitute with soy milk or almond milk, but the consistency of the soup might not be as thick, but still good!
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and do not forget to tag your pictures to #asimpletweakrecipes on Instagram. Make sure to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board:)
Enjoy this creamy, flavorful, and delicious soup!