These Tender and Flavorful Roasted Chicken Drumsticks are a quick fix for a hungry crowd or the perfect choice for dinner for two. These chicken legs are coated with a flavorful homemade seasoning then baked to perfection.
Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
The secret to these flavorful, tender chicken drumsticks is the homemade Fire-Roasted Red Peppers Seasoning. This is one of my favorite seasoning mixtures, a combination of fire-roasted red peppers, cilantro, parsley, and some spices. This homemade Fire-Roasted Red Peppers Seasoning is an excellent time-saver.
By par-boiling them before they go into the oven, I save some time when cooking these chicken drumsticks. It seems that baking chicken legs can take forever, especially if I’m hungry and tired. I find that pre-boiling the chicken just a few minutes before baking cuts the time in half, and most importantly, it ensures that the chicken is completely cooked. It is important to know that the meat is only partially cooked, so finishing cooking the chicken drumsticks in the oven is necessary.
How to make these flavorful Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
First, season the chicken legs with fresh garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, on the stove, pre-cook the chicken legs over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
Once the chicken drumsticks have finished parboiling, it is time to remove them from the stove. Using tongs, place the chicken drumsticks in an oven-safe pan and add the homemade Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Seasoning. Please place them in the oven at a 450-degree temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes, by remembering that by parboiling the chicken drumsticks, you are saving time.
After 15 to 20 minutes (depending on your oven), dinner will be ready.
Please see below for a printable recipe card, and do not forget to leave your comments and suggestions; I will be happy to hear from you. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and use the #asimpletweakrecipes so I can see your creations on Instagram :).
Tender and Flavorful Roasted Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 lb chicken drumsticks (about 4 to 5 pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons Fire-Roasted Red Peppers Seasoning (recipe, link in post)
- First, season the chicken legs with fresh garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, on the stove, pre-cook the chicken legs over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Once the chicken drumsticks have finished parboiling, it is time to remove them from the stove. Using tongs, place the chicken drumsticks in an oven-safe pan and add the Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes. It's important to remember that parboiling the chicken drumsticks saves time.
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
More Dinner Ideas: