This scrambled egg whites over avocado toast are one of my favorite breakfasts. These fluffy, soft egg whites are scrambled with a combination of crunchy veggies and then served over whole-grain avocado toast. This dish is perfect for your easy, peasy, and healthy weekday breakfast.
Have you ever wondered what to do when a recipe calls for only egg yolks? Do you ask yourself, “What should I do with the egg white? Should I discard them? ” Wonder no more!
Scrambled egg whites are one of the many uses for egg whites. The nutritional value of egg whites is extensive. Did you know that egg whites contain the majority of protein? It also contains crucial minerals like potassium, which are important for our overall health (54 milligrams). Egg whites are particularly ideal for people with high cholesterol because they contain no saturated fat (bad fat). I hope you find this data to be useful. One of my favorite ways to use egg whites is to make this Scrambled Egg Whites Over Avocado Toast, a wonderful and filling breakfast alternative.
This recipe for scrambled egg whites is one of my favorites because it is so flavorful. The egg whites are mixed with plum tomatoes, red, yellow, and orange peppers, red onions, and cilantro, all of which are high in vitamin C. Jalapeno peppers are another thing I like to use for a great kick. I enjoy spicy foods, so I always make sure to include some. This recipe calls for two jalapenos, but you can leave them out or use them as desired. Leave the seeds on the pepper if you prefer your eggs spicy; if not, separate the jalapeno from the inside for a milder flavor.
How to serve these Scrambled Egg Whites:
I’m going to serve this scrambled egg white recipe over a slice of whole-grain bread to take it to the next level. I mashed some avocado slices and seasoned them with lime juice and a touch of salt to keep them from turning black. Scramble the egg whites and spread the avocado on top of the toast. It is truly delectable!
Below you will find a convenient printable recipe card. Please, feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Scrambled Egg Whites Over Avocado Toast
- 4 large eggs whites
- 1 ½ cup pepper red, orange, and yellow peppers finely chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes finely chopped
- ⅓ cup onions red finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small avocado mashed
- ½ small lime
- cilantro garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole-grain bread or any bread of your choice
How to make Scrambled Egg Whites over Avocado Toast:
- Chop the peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and, red onion.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and add the onions, peppers, ¼ teaspoon salt (I use sea salt in this recipe)and, a pinch of black pepper.
- Next, In a nonstick skillet, add the oil and place it on the stove over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, pour the egg white mixture.- Cook for about one minute without stirring it.
- Lastly, begin to stir until all is well combined. Reduce heat to a low setting and keep cooking for about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve over avocado toast.
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Let me know what you think about this recipe, and don’t forget to contact me if you have any questions. It’s always a pleasure to hear from YOU! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.
Until the next one…