This Chicken Thigh Recipe is a budget-friendly one. The ingredients you’ll need are fairly inexpensive and still infuse the chicken with so much flavor. These boneless chicken thighs are coated with a rub that comes together by combining a few simple spices.
Another Winner in my household. These Juicy chicken thighs made it to the list of my weekly rotation dinner ideas and I’m certain it will make it to yours!
One of the most popular chicken recipes here on the blog is my Most Flavorful Baked Chicken Leg Quarters and it is only fair that I share this one with all of you. I don’t know about you, but when I’m deciding what to make for dinner the majority of the time I look for three things: It has to be simple, easy to make, and most importantly flavorful. This chicken thigh recipe has those three things. Sometimes I just want to stick to the basics and make fuss-free recipes.
One of the most exciting things for me when it comes to cooking is to play around with spices and herbs and making rubs is perfect for that. What I love about homemade rubs is that I have control of what’s in it and I can always tweak it to my like. To make the rub for this chicken thigh recipe I use a combination of spices that gives these chicken thighs a kick of the greek flavors I love.
Ingredients you’ll need to make The Most Flavorful Baked
- Chicken Thigh: I use boneless and skinless chicken thigh.
- Oil: I like to use olive oil or avocado oil. Any oil of your preference works as well.
- Oregano and Nutmeg: The nutmeg in combination with the oregano gives the chicken thigh a very good flavor. These spices give this recipe a flair of the flavors of Greek cuisine.
- Garlic: My recommendation is to use powder garlic
- Lemon Pepper: This is one of my favorites. it gives this recipe a zesty touch
- Salt and black pepper: I like to use kosher salt or sea salt in my cooking but any salt works as well. I do give my measurements for salt according to my taste. Feel free to adjust the amount suggested.
- Lime: Freshly squeezed lime juice give this chicken thigh recipe a nice touch. I use one lime. I squeezed half when cooking and the other half when is served.
- Peppers flakes: This is optional
*I decided to use boneless and skinless chicken thigh and the cooking time was 25 minutes. Keep in mind that when using chicken thigh with the bone-in and skin the baking time will be a little longer. My suggestion is to increase the cooking time to 15 minutes more ( about 40 minutes in total).
How to Make The Most Flavorful Baked
The first step is to preheat the oven to 425 F degrees. Proceed to combine all the spices in a small bowl or container and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the chicken thighs and seasoned them with the rub.
Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet and squeezed half of one lime (save the other half for garnish). I decided to cover the baking sheet with aluminum paper for easy cleanup 🙂 Take them into the oven and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes until a golden color is obtained.
What pair with these chicken thighs recipe?
Here I show you two of my favorite ways to eat these chicken thighs. I like to pair the chicken with my Light and Easy Quinoa Salad
I also serve them with some pita bread and Greek yogurt. What I do is I squeeze a lime in the yogurt it tastes amazing!
Below you will find an easily printable recipe card. Please, feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. I would be delighted to hear from you all.
Until the next one…
How to Make The Most Flavorful Baked Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs - boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lime - freshly squeezed lime juice squeezed half when cooking and the other half when is served.
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes - optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees.
- Proceed to combine oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, nutmeg, lemon pepper, pepper flakes and salt in a small bowl or container and set aside.
- Before I season the chicken I remove any excess fat (optional)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the chicken thighs and seasoned them with the rub.
- Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet and squeezed half of one lime (save the other half for garnish). I decided to cover the baking sheet with aluminum paper for easy cleanup 🙂
- Take them into the oven and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes until a golden color is obtained.
What pair with these chicken thighs recipe?Here I show two of my favorite ways to eat these chicken thighs. I like to pair the chicken with my Light and Easy Quinoa Salad
I also serve them with some pita bread and Greek yogurt. What I do is I squeeze a lime into the yogurt, give it a try it tastes amazing! Let me know in the comment section below what would you pair these chicken thighs with 🙂
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turns out for you! Leave a comment, rate it, and do not forget to tag your pictures to #asimpletweakrecipes on Instagram. Make sure to pin it in your favorite Pinterest board 🙂