Looking for an easy-to-make dessert for St. Patrick’s Day? Look no more! This Green Vanilla Pudding Parfait can be put together with a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps.
This Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Parfait inspires this recipe. I wanted to share a simple recipe with you to enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day or any other day. To make this green vanilla pudding recipe, I follow the Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Parfait steps for the cake, and I decided to swap the raspberry mousse filling of the raspberry parfait for a very simple vanilla pudding made using an instant pudding box.
Ingredients you’ll need:
1 package of instant vanilla pudding
2 cups whole milk (cold)
gel food coloring
Light green sanding sugar (sprinkles)
Chocolate cake (follow this recipe), or you can substitute it for a store-bought brownie box.
How to make this Green Vanilla Pudding Parfait
The first step is to make the chocolate cake or you can use a store-bought brownie box. Let it cool down as you need it to crumble into the cups.
While the cake is cooling, make the vanilla pudding following the box instructions, combining cold milk with an instant vanilla pudding, and then using food coloring (I used 3 drops of the food coloring to obtain the green color).
-To get the sugar rim:
Cover the rim with lime and use a plate to add sanding sugar, and make circular motions with the glass for the sugar to attach(like making a margarita).
-Then, proceed to crumble some of the cake/brownies into the cups and place the first layer
-Next, using a piping bag or this plastic piping I found in Amazon, which made it an easier step, add a pudding layer. Continue to add layers (I did 3 layers)
-Make sure the last layer is pudding
-Find a rainbow candy for an extra touch; I used the candy Airheads Xtremes candy bites, And enjoy!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
Below you will find an easily printable recipe card. Please, feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. I would be delighted to hear from you all.
Until the next one…
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
These are the products I use to make this recipe:
Green Vanilla Pudding Parfait
To make the green vanilla pudding all you’ll need is:
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- Gel food coloring I use three drops of the green color.
- Light green sandling sugar sprinkles
- For the Chocolate cake I followed the steps of this Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Parfait or you can use a box of brownie.
How to assemble the green parfait:
- -Bake the chocolate cake or brownie mix and let it cool down as you need it to crumble in to fill the cups
- -While the cake is cooling, make the vanilla pudding following the box instructions (I used 3 drops of the food coloring to obtain the green color)
- -To get the sugar rim: cover the rim with lime and use a plate to add sugar and do circle motions with the glass for the sugar to attach(like making a margarita)
- -Then, proceed to crumble some of the cake/brownie into the cups and place the first layer
- -Next, add a layer of pudding
- Continue to add layers (I did 3 layers)
- -Make sure the last layer is pudding
- -Find a rainbow candy for an extra touch, I used the candy Airheads Xtremes candy bites
- -And enjoy! Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and not forget to tag your pictures to #asimpletweakrecipes on Instagram. Make sure to pin it on your favorite Pinterest board:)